Thursday, October 8, 2009

Bobcat On Our Walk

Yesterday, I shared the following with the OC Register, which is currently mapping coyote and bobcat sightings throughout Orange County. You can make your own report at pets@ocregister.com.

"I live in Aliso Viejo and every evening my wife and I walk along Pacific Park between the 73 and Wood Canyon. On the evening of October 6, 2009, at about 6:00 PM, we saw a full-sized adult bobcat come out of the brush and run across the street about fifty feet ahead of us, in essence, making its way up the hill from out of our neighborhood. We continued on our path on the sidewalk, and sure enough, at the point at which the cat had crossed the street, he was sitting on his hind legs about fifteen feet up the hill on one of the man-made ledges, looking down at us. I was really amazed at how casual the cat was with us being that close. I kept a close eye on him and he met my gaze for about three seconds before looking away. Through our entire encounter, he was as aloof as a neighborhood house cat."


No comments:

Post a Comment