Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I Officially Withdraw My Endorsement Of Meg Whitman For California Governor

It is not often that I have done so, but I am officially withdrawing my endorsement of a candidate this morning.

While Meg Whitman's voting record has been a gray area for some time, the email that I received from her campaign this morning, a "Note From Meg", has confirmed for me that regardless of whether or not there is another viable Republican candidate, Meg Whitman will not be getting my vote.

I have continually taken a strong stance that any politician who seeks the honor of speaking for the people should have a strong voting record. While I may not always have agreed with how they voted, they must have at least shown up to vote. Too many Americans have died in the preservation of democracy for us to just not find the time to vote!

Please read the Note From Meg below, watch the video, and read the letter you will find in the links contained in the Note. I have done so, and I have to say to Meg, "There is no excuse for not voting, especially regarding the excuses that you are offering. It is time to step down and let those who have spent their lives involved in the process, and those who care enough to actually vote, make their bid for California Governor. I do not want someone who has not allowed their voice to be heard at election time speaking for me and my fellow voters."

Note From Meg:

As you may be aware, on September 24th The Sacramento Bee ran a story claiming, in effect, that I never registered to vote or voted until 2002. Since that story appeared, our campaign team has been reviewing my voter registration data, which we had on file. We set out to patiently and accurately reconcile what we knew with what The Bee wrote.

I have been very up front about my voting record. I'm not proud of it. From the age of 18 until today, I have missed too many elections. On Friday, I posted this video to make sure everyone understood my views on this matter.

While my voting record is nothing to be proud of, I have voted on numerous occasions, especially when I lived in San Francisco during the 1980s. For whatever reason, The Sacramento Bee appears to have played fast and loose with the actual facts.

Click to read a letter we sent to The Sacramento Bee this morning. The letter speaks for itself.

As always, I can't thank you enough for your support. Rebuilding California won't be easy. The special interests are very entrenched. Too many people in Sacramento like the status quo. I need your help to restore California.

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment