Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Thank You And I Wish You All The Best In The Coming Year


I hope the social media stars have aligned and the Google, Facebook, Twitter and/or LinkedIn algorithms have come together to result in your eyes actually finding their way to my words today so I may take a few minutes to reflect on an amazing couple of years and thank you for the role you may have played in making them so.

You hear quite often that a door doesn’t close without a window being opened and for me that has really proven to be the case many times in my life, especially over the past two years. While at times, I’ve had to break that window to get it open, or crawl through it just in the nick of time, it still doesn’t change the fact the grass has truly been greener on the other side of that window.

First and foremost, whether you and I spent a lot of time working together at some point in the past couple years, or just had a few passing greetings in person or through electronic means, let me say that I am thankful to have had that time with you. While some interactions obviously have more impact on one’s life - like a recruiter forwarding on your resume, a friend giving you a special thank you card, a loved one giving you some great advice, or parting ways with an employer or major client - I believe each interaction, whether seemingly positive or negative at first, ultimately has a positive impact on the course of our lives in the end.

While I wonder sometimes if my optimism is real, or if I just fabricate it following life’s events and interactions, ultimately, I believe the true nature of the event or interaction is trumped completely by my perception of it in the end. I truly believe how we perceive and approach life’s triumphs and challenges is entirely up to us.

But, that being said, when I take stock of life today and compare it to where I was two years ago, or one year ago, and discover I am better off, there is little more I can do than be thankful for each event and interaction, whether seemingly positive or negative at the time, because those events and interactions are what led to the positive outcome I am experiencing today.

So, whether you were one of the events or interactions that seemed positive, or negative, at the time, I thank you for the part you played in landing me where I am in life today, and wish you the very best in the coming year...

Photo by Christopher Jayanta via Pixabay

No comments:

Post a Comment