Sunday, October 10, 2004

Where’s My American-American Scholarship?...

Who is more of a racist? Someone who thinks college acceptance should be based solely on scholastic merit and should have nothing to do with the color of your skin, or someone who admits a dark-skinned kid over a light-skinned kid with the same scholastic ability based on the color of that student’s skin?

Are we still talking about how ridiculous the schools in America have gotten? Good, ‘cause there’s a whole lot of ridiculous out there to tell you about.

An Omaha high school gives out an annual “Distinguished African-American Student Award.” The nominees are nominated by their fellow students. Four Omaha high school students were suspended for using posters to nominate Trevor Richards and were called “insensitive” by the morons that make their living at the Omaha high school.

Trevor was born in South Africa and is now living and going to school in America. He is an African-American just like someone born in France and who lives in America is called a French-American, regardless of skin color.

The school’s problem with Trevor being nominated for the Distinguished African-American Student Award? He’s white. Like I always say, when I’m hanging out with a bunch of Hispanics, we’re a minority group, but as soon as I hang out with a bunch of white people, we a racist gaggle of Nazis.

How come I can go out and get a scholarship that is restricted to solely Hispanic applicants, but a scholarship restricted solely to white applicants is racist? Want proof? A student group in Rhode Island is offering a scholarship that restricts its applicants to those of white descent and they are coming under heavy fire.

Why on God’s green Earth is a white kid born in Africa who is now living in America not allowed to be considered African-American because he is not dark-skinned...the same reason that when I am driving a Volkswagen, my skin is dark enough that I get marked on a speeding ticket as a Hispanic and that same very skin shade gets me marked as White on my speeding tickets when I’m driving a Mercedes. I’ve got the tickets to prove it, folks...all in Orange County and while I owned both a Volkswagen and a Mercedes simultaneously.

So, I was born in America, my mom was born in America, my grandmother was born in America, my great-grandmother was born in America...so, I guess that makes me an American-American, so where the hell are my American-American awards and scholarships?

No comments:

Post a Comment