Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sending A Proposal To UPS Via FedEx?

I am not going to sit here and say that I completely cover every eventuality every time, but c'mon, business world, pay attention to the details!

In a recent Inc. Magazine article in which writers asked decision-makers from some of the world's toughest customers how to get your foot in the door if you are a small business, Kathy Homeyer, director of supplier diversity for UPS, offered the following advice:

"The biggest no-no is not knowing our competition. People will say, 'I've got this really exciting proposal I want you to look at.' I'll say, 'Go ahead and send it to me.' Then, they send it to me by FedEx. It happens everyday. Just be smart. Know the company you are pitching to and know their likes and dislikes. You get such brownie points with me when you come in with a UPS envelope and have an account all set up. It's just the little things like that, the icing on the cake."

No comments:

Post a Comment