Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Some Questions That Popped Into My Head Last Night...

When you change political parties, don't you end up with two sets of people that don't want to re-elect you?

What do you do if you have an allergic reaction to allergy medicine?

Isn't people assuming that I am pro-illegal-immigration racial profiling?

Isn't people assuming you're a racist if you're anti-illegal-immigration a type of racial profiling as well?

Why is it when I take a survey and select that I am of Hispanic dissent, and the survey then asks me what my country of origin is, I have to select "Other" and type in "The United States of America"?

How many other people have a great grandmother that was born in the United States?

Is it not also racial-profiling when people come up to me, start speaking to me in Spanish, then get upset when I cannot understand them? How about when I am at Wal-Mart, wearing a blue shirt, and people think I work there?

Was it really all that crazy after 9/11, when 15 of the 19 hijackers were determined to be from Saudi Arabia, to start stopping people that "looked" Saudi? Would it have made more sense to start stopping everyone with blonde hair, blue eyes, and fair skin?

What about when a crime is committed and the suspect description is a "male Hispanic" so law enforcement starts looking for a male Hispanic...Is that racial profiling? What else are they supposed to do?

Are you going to tell me in all of your life that there has never been a single time when someone has stopped you because it "looked" like you didn't "belong" there? (You must have never driven an old beat up car through Newport Beach before, then.)

Can I share just one night's worth of questions without offending too many people?

No comments:

Post a Comment