Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Humbly Surprised When One Of The Presidential Candidates Responds To My Article

Much to my surprise, not too long after publishing my article on Thursday, January 26th, "Who's Runnin' in 2012?", I heard from one of the Presidential candidates that was featured. Quite frankly, the most realistic of the five candidates, Deonia (Dee) Neveu took the time to write to me personally, and I just wanted to share our correspondence with you, as it was quite a great experience for me that my humble article actually reached the eyes of someone like Dee, who is taking the time out of her life to try to make a difference in American politics. I must say that I found Dee to be very well-spoken on the issues, and pleasantly in-line with what I think a lot of us are looking for in a Presidential candidate. Here is what Dee wrote to me:

Dear Mr. William L. Savastano,

I personally didn't catch your Article about me, but someone else I know did and sent it to me.

Thanks for the moment of attention you gave me in your article regarding Candidates for 2012. Although you were kind, you were also sarcastic. I see how you lumped me in with "Vampires and Drug Addicts - weirdos for President.

I know its crazy to see me even attempt to be a President for the United States, lets face it, I'm the wrong race group, wrong gender, wrong social class, and to top it all off no political experience, I'm certainly "out of the box" for what we are used to having for a Leader. Although, I'm no where saying I'm as good as Jesus, but folks back then saw him as a poor Jew, who wasn't from the type of what they were accustomed to for a leader, and disqualified him as well. Of course, you can only get my point here if your a Christian, and if not I can give you some non-Christian examples. It's wrong and its ignorant to constantly judge a book by its cover. You should read the book first, and be sure you understand its content first before placing your judgement.

First and foremost, I may not have political experience, but I've had to live as an average citizen and be affected by "experienced" politicians. Most all the "experienced" politicians come up through the "same school of thought and character", and they really are limited on how they see and resolve issues for us, because a lot of them haven't lived as average, and if they ever have, they forgot where they once "came from". The current politicians are really all about themselves and not about everyone, the door is "shut" to outsiders. I want to also tell you that common sense is not something always taught or learned in school, sometimes its innate, and you either have it or you don't. Just because a citizen is unknown or hasn't gone to an "ivy league" school doesn't mean that they don't have better common sense than those put at the top and exposed for their social and educational status.

Until citizens have had enough "fake" speeches and empty promises by the current leaders, and if you want "real change", then you'll have to search for something "outside of the box" to add variety, and have more choices, otherwise we'll always complain and have "politics as usual", which aren't you sick of already?

If nothing more, the Constitution allows me to at least try to apply to be a political leader, and it is my natural born American right, if I choose to exercise it. Whether you agree or not with someones leadership qualifications, everyone who applies is not a "nut". In the Constitution qualifications are minimum for the Presidency - do I need to quote them to you, or have you read the Constitution? In fact, the President doesn't have as much power as those in Congress. Those in Congress can be younger, and don't have to be American born, and they are actually the ones to "declare" war, not the President, he can ask for it, but it has to be approved by Congress. Our Government was set up with "checks and balances", and we fought away from the "crown-elite", and so there is opportunity for Americans, but of course not everyone is interested in being a political leader, so don't knock down those that apply, who qualify in accordance to the Constitution.

Back in 1872 Victoria Woodall, a White woman, was a Candidate to be President, and back then women didn't have voting rights, and to top it off she appointed Frederick Douglas as her Vice President, a Black man. Imagine how "nuts" they thought she was, but I see her as courageous because she was "out of the box" and dared to promote real change. Of course, she didn't win, and we still keep these old standards in place and writeoff unique Candidates and keep "politics as usual", and as you can see it hasn't made much of a better America today.

Anyway, as you mentioned--my website doesn't really talk about too many current issues but instead give some "bizarre" thought or what you would consider "crazy", not creative ideas, for example, I'm not interested in living in the White House, but hey look at the brighter side, someone who doesn't want to live in the White House would cost the public less money, and we can use the House to gain money instead by fundraising for America. Hey, America will soon find itself desperate for unique ideas to gain revenue again. The current Government leaders, not to say that they are horrible, but they always talk about either cutting or raising taxes as a solution to everything and/or for everyone else, but not for themselves personally.

Now, I've spent a tremendous amount of time trying to prove my character to you Mr. Savastano, and I could have spent it on more meaningful topic, like my thought on current issues. I won't sit here and tell you I'm an expert in everything, because I'm not, but I think I have some good thoughts and ideas. For one thing in regards to the Healthcare Bill, I do like parts of it, but not all of it, and therefore I believe that some of it should be Repealed. I read some of the Healthcare Bill, enough to see that it isn't all good for us Americans. Some policies in the Healthcare Bill don't even deal with healthcare, just pure Government regulation on too much stuff. I could be wrong, but personally, I don't think that President Obama really read that entire Bill before signing it. Here is one more point on my view, I don't believe that it makes any sense at all to cut funding for our defense department (military), why, because we are in war situations already, and more to come, and that is an area that needs to be in top shape and well funded. Even though I am somewhat Anti-war, I believe if your going to engage in any fighting, then you better fight hard and do your thing, or don't bother to make the attempt. These are just some of my "nutzy" thoughts for you to consider.

Anyway, if your interested in talking to me any further, you know how to reach me, but that is of course, if you can come off your "high horse" to talk to an unknown Mom like myself, who is a Candidate for 2012. Oh, and by the way, being a Mom is not a loose or bad qualification to possess. You came from a woman, and women are the real backbones of this Country. Have a great day Mr. Savastano.

Peace Be With You,
Deonia (Dee) Neveu
"A Real Vote For The People"
www.DeoniaNeveu.com


I truly hope that you find Dee's response to me as exciting and intriguing as I did. I quite honestly really got a kick out of it. I hope that by sharing my correspondence with Dee, it will help others to see just how important it is to pay attention to the issues and involve themselves in the political process. Tomorrow, I will share with you my response to Dee and her response, in turn, to me.

1 comment:

  1. Charlotte, North Carolina as a choice for Democratic Convention. Nice, but I certainly hope that they invite "unknown" candidates to contend. Having "unknown" candidates invited to contend at the convention would make it more exciting, flexible, interesting, show variety. Otherwise, the convention will be "politics as usual", and haven't we all had enough of that?? Deonia (Dee) Neveu

    ReplyDelete