Sunday, January 4, 2004

DMV’s Got My Money...

Let's start off 2004 by looking back a little. The registration on Teresa’s car is due on 01/26/04 and thanks to our former governor, I have to pay the full amount to the DMV then sit around and wait for their “efficiency” to eventually land me a refund check sometime, as they put it, “in early 2004.”

The worst part is that we are only four days out from the 01/31/04 cutoff of the folks who do not have to let the DMV hold their money, but, in fact, get to just pay the discounted rate.

I think this is a wonderful example of how we, the Californians, seemed to be the ones on the receiving end of the screw throughout the Davis administration’s reign.

No bank can hold my money for an undisclosed amount of time without paying any interest to me, yet the DMV can, right? Well, as I came to this realization of the DMV’s plans to sit on my money thanks to the former gov, I had to at least try to send word to his dumb ass, so I sent an email to his site, which is still up...www.gray-davis.com, but of course, it bounced back. Well, here is my email...

I’m not sure if this will ever reach you, or if you have just done your damage to Californians and moved on, but as I get ready to write out a check for my vehicle registration fee, I felt the need to at least attempt to contact you. I voted for you the first time you were elected to governor and between your scape-goating about electricity costs and your constant pandering to law-breakers like illegal immigrants, I must admit that you made me regret my decision to vote for you. You have made a Republican for life, my friend. Now, as I work hard to grow my business and pay my bills, I have to give the DMV my hard-earned money to hold for a few months while they get their refund checks out, thanks to one of the last acts you made in your Clinton-style exit. I guess I’m fortunate, though, because if you’d won, I’d have never gotten that money back, right? As you move on to probably sit on some Board of Directors somewhere in return for one of the deals you made to get into office in the first place, know this, my friend, your legacy in California will be that you were a failure as a governor and there are millions of Californians out here who are going to ensure that your legacy is remembered for what it was. Oh, and I must also thank you for the hours upon hours of laughter it gave me to watch you and Willy Jeff dancing and singing in church...Classic libby hypocrisy!

No comments:

Post a Comment