Sunday, January 18, 2004

Properly Placing The Blame...

Many times when I am debating my libby friends, the objectiveness of my more conservative views is called into question. I want to take a minute to address this.

In 1992, when you walked up to my 18-year-old self, I’d have told you that I was pretty much middle-of-the-road. I knew then that I leaned a bit more towards the conservative side of things and also knew that as I built my net worth, aged into a more family-oriented person, and became more involved in politics, business and the state of America, I would lean more and more towards the conservative side.

What I did not know then, however, was the changes that would come about in the next ten years to the libby side that would help push me more to the conservative side.

So, you want proof of my objectiveness? Today, I vote mostly Republican, but even after everything, I still will hear out the other side, no matter how nuts I think they are.

I’m a mostly-Republican voter who voted for Willy Jeff Clinton in 1992 and voted for Gray Davis when he ran for Governor the first time, yet when I see that picture of Davis and Willy Jeff sitting next to each other talking that is on Gray Davis’s website, it pisses me right off. Why? Well, I gave each of them my vote...something that is very sacred to me, and what did I get in return? I got Monica Lewinsky, I got Wag The Dog, I got pardon after pardon after pardon, I got Senator Rodham and a fight to keep her lyin’ ass out of the White House in ‘04 and ‘08, and what I hope is not a Rodham re-election fight in ‘12.

I got an even more powerful Southern California Edison, I got driver’s licenses and a whole mess of other benefits for illegal immigrant law-breakers in California, and an entire sympathy movement for those law-breakers. That’s just what I can name right now off the top of my head!

So, what happened to middle-of-the-road? The conservatives stayed where they always have been while the libbies moved further and further away from the middle and where I was. I took a step to the right, the conservatives stayed where they were and the libbies took ten steps to the left.

My libby friends, don’t blame this conservative for moving away from the middle, blame your leaders for moving away from the middle. Before you blame me for not seeing your way, blame guys like Davis and Willy Jeff for only seeing it their way...a way that would benefit them. Blame them for the ridiculous things that I had to see and hear over the past ten years, not me for being pissed off about them.

“I did not have sexual relations with that woman...Monica Lewinsky.” That’s what I voted for?...For this guy to lie to me to protect himself because he was stupid enough to not hold off on screwing around behind his wife’s back again until he was out of office. Clinton’s dick doesn’t have anything to do with his job as President? Every man’s dick has something to do with his decisions, it’s just a matter of how much sway it has, and Willy Jeff’s dick had enough sway to give us this whole rotten episode of American history.

To me, someone who trusted him with my vote, it defined his character. Am I against hot blows from interns? God, no, but I sure as hell would have had the decency to not do it in the oval office and would have known before hand that my dick’d get me into trouble.

And Davis? I’m sorry, but lying to me half the time doesn’t make the half the time he told the truth a good thing. So, don’t blame me, my libby friends for where I stand today, blame the Democrat liars and disappointments that I voted for before they helped shape this moderate into a staunch conservative.

No comments:

Post a Comment